Saw this on SHRM
Best Small Companies to work for
Some of the criteria used to assess:
- Succession Planning Programs
- Employees Paid for Volunteer time
- Health Care Premiums Paid
- Employee Referral Bonus
I dont get that. My company is a great company to work for because they pay me to volunteer? I get a bonus for referrals?
- I find my work meaningful
- I understand the company strategy
- I have room for advancement
Since when did criteria for a great company become that they pay you to volunteer? Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s very nice, just not mission critical.